Pages

Wednesday 29 December 2010

Christmas Cake and New Baby Pics

Hi everyone. I am armed with lots of pics so beware, lol. The first is the Christmas cake I made for my mum and then the rest are all the pics of the new baby. The cake may look gorgeous but it was an absolute nightmare. First, I had the oven a bit high so I had to cut the bits off that were slightly overdone. Next, I couldn't understand why the marzipan wasn't sticking...until I found the wee pot of apricot jam still unopened on the worktop, lol. So, I had to take all the marzipan off, spread the jam, roll out new marzipan and then ice and decorate...A sprinkling of edible glitter to finish.



Now, I would like to introduce Finlay. My cousin Ryan and his partner, Lisa's son. He was born on the 21st - 4 days late. He weighed just over 7lb and he is absolutely gorgeous.











I could've just cuddled him all day long but sadly... I had to come home again, lol.

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Suzanne

6 comments:

Elaine said...

Your cake looks fantastic Suzanne. It wouldn't last long in our house, my hubby is a big cake fan and every year my friend Linda bakes him his own personal (as in not shared!) Christmas cake.

Little Finlay is so cute! I can never resist a baby cuddle offer.

Love Elaine xx

karen said...

Hi suzanne, you would never know you had a bit of a pickle with the cake, looks totally fabby to me YUM!! And oh my gosh what a gorgeous baby, many congrats to proud parents, hugs, Karenxx

Janette said...

Hi Suzanne, Thanks for these lovely pics, that cake looks gorgeous and the new Baby....what could be better....love the smell....so wonderful.xx

Ginny said...

they are both GORGEOUS

heidy said...

Hi Suzanne,that cake looks delicious,and what a sweet little boy!!!
Hugs Heidy

carol said...

if you had not said anything about your lovely cake hun we would not have kown!! it looks just perfect.
Oooh and baby photos look super, he looks adorable. Have a fab new year when it arrives, x carol

Leelou Blogs