Pages

Tuesday 7 December 2010

A Couple of Challenges...

At last, lol. I managed to squeeze in a challenge card at the end of last week but this is the first chance I have had to post it. I loved this sketch when I saw it and I really wanted to use this new image which is from a set I won over at Sketch Saturday a few weeks back. The only problem here is that I'm not sure I like the end result. But, here it is anyway, lol.



Ingredients:
Image: A fantastic prize from Sketch Saturday Blog;
Medium: Promarkers;
Sentiment: Bits of Ivory Digi Tickets by Cuddly Buddly;
Papers: DCWV The Christmas Stack and some printed foil card from stash;
Flowers: Wild Orchid Crafts; Leaves from Hobbycraft;
Other: Stickles; Glamour Dust; Flatbacked Pearls from Kanban;
Frame: LOTV free template.

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp: Domi's Fab Sketch;
Stamp Something: Christmas Colour Combo (red and green for me);
Allsorts: A Candle or other Light (candles on tree with pearls for the flame);
ABC Christmas Challenge: Y is for Yuletide (holly & berries; red & green; candles - I used all 3!);
Secret Crafter: Christmas;
A Spoonful of Sugar: Christmas Cards;
Passion For Promarkers: Anything Goes (mega Christmas Challenge);
Lollipop Crafts: Winter Theme.

Well, think that's about it for now. We have had awful weather again yesterday and school is closed AGAIN. Steven hasn't been to nursery for about a fortnight now and there was no college last week and there will be none tomorrow...just as well I went shopping with Mum on my own on Saturday or I would be driven mad, lol. It was a lovely stress free day as well!! Ok, I am off to finish my DT card for tomorrows challenge

Thanks for stopping by

Hugs
Suzanne

15 comments:

Janette said...

Love the card Suzanne, try not to pull to much hair out hun, you'll need it for Christmas...lol...stay warm.xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Suzanne, what a gorgeous card. Unfortunately it was posted before our challenge began, so it won't be eligible for our prizes. We would love you to enter another card. Hugs, Denise x
DT Passion for promarkers challenge

karen said...

Great card Suzanne, love the tree, hugs, Karenx

heidy said...

Well I think you did a stunning job on this gorgeous card
Hugs Heidy

Lorraine A said...

gorgeous card Suzanne :-) the tree is lovely and the red green combo is lovely :-)

thanks for joining us on the Stamp Something and Simon says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

Christine said...

Your card is gorgeous. I think it turned out wonderfully. Great take on the sketch. Love the tag sentiment and your coloring is fantastic. Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog. I hope to see your beautiful cards again.
xoxo, Christine

Gro said...

Beautiful card and great colours. Thanks for joining PFP's christmas challenge :o)

Emma said...

A beautiful card Suzanne.
Thanks for joining in our Mega Christmas Challenge over at PFP.

Mummylade said...

this is just gorgeous! thank you so much for entering the Allsorts lightchallenge and good luck!

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Lovely traditional feel to this card the papers are so rich in colour!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love how you did the tree! thanks for joining in with us on the ABC Challenge this time! Samantha :0)

melsanford said...

Gorgeous card. Love it! Apologies for copied/pasted comment but I'm up to my eyeballs! Love 'n' hugs, Mel xx

Vixykins said...

Fantastic card hun, great detail! Thank You for playing along at PFP x

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

What a fun card and I love that tree! Thanks for playing along in the Lollipop Crafts challenge this week! :D

Julie said...

Fab Crimbo card, Suzanne - thanks for joining in our mega challenge at PFP! Juliexx

Leelou Blogs