Pages

Thursday 7 May 2009

A 3 Challenge Combo Birthday Card and Gift



Hello everyone! At last a decent day to get the washing dry - hope I'm not tempting fate, lol! This card was one that I thought I was never going to get finished. It was supposed to be for 4 challenges but I was too late for one of them.
The three challenges are:

1.) Just Magnolia which is another fabulous sketch
2.) A Spoonful of Sugar which is 'Touchy Feely' - embossed oval, flowers and flower soft on the wee heart.
3.)Secret Crafter which is to use flowers.

And, the card:



I have used a Christmas Tilda and cut round her to get rid of the wee bits of holly in her hair. She is coloured with watercolour pencils and mounted on foam pads to sit on the edge of the ovals. The ovals are cut on the Bug with Nesties and the white one has been put through in the 'Divine Swirl' embossing folder. The papers are Bo Bunny Back to Backs although I'm not sure what name exactly as I have thrown out the end with the writing, DUHH!!! The swirl is cut on the Bug with the wee shape nestie thingys and I have added some stickles round it for a bit of sparkle. The gems are from my stash. I have used some 'Sweet Pea Flower Soft on the heart shape.

On the inside, I have used the same papers, a fiskars border punch and some more Bug cut ovals. I was going to add a wee strip to make a folder for some money but I liked the paper on the right too much to cover it up so I left it like this.



And, last but not least, my gift. This is a chocolate bar wrapper that I seen on Bev's Blog ages ago. I went back to look for it and gave it a shot. You can find the Bev's tutorial here and she is right... it is very simple, and fun, to do.



I have used the same for this as for the card so that they were matching. The bit ribbon is from my stash which, I may change to bright pink if I can get a bit when Im out today.

This is for my sisters birthday. She loves this paper and bought two sheets just the other day so I thought it would suit her.

I have really enjoyed making this card. The sketch was fab to follow and it was good to be able to combine it with other challenges too. Also, thanks Bev for the tutorial. I love this and will use it again and again for other people.

Any comments are very much appreciated

Hugs

6 comments:

Rach said...

This is beautiful Suzanne, a brilliant take on the sketch. thank you so much for joining us at just magnolia. Hugs rachxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Suzanne this is one gorgeous card I love the colours and the backing papers and wow Tilda is looking beautiful

Hugs
Lorraine x

Mina said...

such a gorgeous card I love your roses...thank you for joining in the Just Magnolia challenge xxx

helen said...

just gorgeous lovin those papers
hugs
helen x

LOUISE said...

Beautiful card Suzanne, love the Tilda image, and your colours are great. Love the use of the flowersoft. Louise x

Spyder said...

Lovely card, haven't come across that Tilda image yet, love the colours you've chosen too.

((lyn))

Leelou Blogs