Pages

Sunday 3 May 2009

Spoonful of Sugar and Friday Sketchers

Hello everyone! It feels like ages since I posted! Bad Blogging, lol! I am finding it really hard to get time to craft just now. I think I just need to organise my time a bit better. Anyway, I have managed to make this card and I combined it for two challenges.

1.) A Spoonful of Sugar # 49 - Blue and Green - I enjoyed the first colour challenge I entered so much that I had to have a go at this one when I seen it.

2.) Friday Sketchers #50 - A Sketch by Beatrix - and, of course, I needed a sketch to help me along. I really liked the look of this one and being different from my usual square layout, I thought it would be a bit of a challenge also.





I have used 'Maggie with Flowers' stamp from Sugar Nellie. She is coloured with watercolour pencils and I cut round her to get rid of the flowers then added green ribbon round the image and mounted her on foam pads onto white and green cardstock. The papers are downloads from Nitwit Collections. The sentiment is a stamp from a Creative Cafe stamp set. I used the Label Nesties in the Bug to make the small piece behind the top left corner of the image. The flower is punched from shimmery papers, added a brad and mounted on foam pads.

Nice and simple on the inside. More downloaded papers from Nitwits and and oval cut in the Bug to write a message on.

Sorry for the terrible photos, it was really late by the time i got round to taking them and I also think the camera is ready to give up on me!

Hope you like it

4 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Wow I love this card that image is fabby, you make a great crafting team you and your mum. Both of you make the most gorgeous cards it must be fun.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Lynne said...

Nice card, Suzanne. Love the blue and green; Maggie really suits these colours.

Mum.x

helen said...

gorgeous colour combo suzanne, those papers are beautiful and your colouring is fabby
hugs
helen x

helen said...

forgot to say there is a new anya release on 15th may check out the club anya blog here http://clubanya.blogspot.com/
if you would like me to stamp some images of the anyas i have, let me knowi'll be happy to send you some
hugs
helen x

Leelou Blogs