Pages

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Whiff of Joy and Friday Sketchers



Hi everyone. Hope all is well. Gorgeous day here today. This card is for the Whiff of Joy Challenge #35.which is 'paper piecing' and also for the Friday Sketchers Challenge #57 - which is a fantastic sketch by Beatrix. I would also like to enter this for Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge which is a colour combo this week - pink and green. And, the challenge on Creative Inspirations is also 'paper piecing' so, I think that counts as another one, lol!



I have used Basic Grey 'Sultry' papers and some green cardstock. I mounted the back paper onto the CS and then onto the base card. I cut a strip of pink paper and mounted onto some My Minds Eye Bella Bella 'Flea Market' Simply Plaid Paper. Next, I cut a piece of green CS, ran it through the Bug with the 'Bloom Dots' embossing folder and mounted onto the MME paper again. The image is 'Willow with Flower Basket', WOJ - obviously. I have used the MME paper for her trousers, ribbon round her waist and hairband. I used the pink BG paper for her blouse and sandals. Coloured the other parts of the image with Faber-Castelle watercolour pencils. I used stickles for her pearl bracelet. The flowers are from WH Smith with a spacer and mini brad in the centre. I attached a wee flower charm to the back of the brad with jump rings. The sentiment is a wee 'Studio g' clear stamp that I picked up for 99p last week.

I am really enjoying this paper piecing - not sure if I'll ever colour an image again, lol! Just joking - but I am loving it!

Hope you like it


9 comments:

helen said...

gorgeous card honey beautiful papers and great paper piecing
hugs
helen x

coldwaters2 said...

You have done a great job with this one Suzanne the colours and image are quite stunning the flower and charm just finishes it off perfectly. I am afraid I am still being a chicken with this paper piecing thing just not me Im afraid.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

a beautiful card, wonderful paper piecing. hugs rachxx

Cathy said...

Beautiful card.
Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
Cathy xx

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

spectacular card - i love this stamp!

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Chris said...

Really a lovely card - love how you stamped the sentiment right on the papers. Perfect! :)

Thanks so much for playing along with the Friday Sketchers challenge this week - I'm so happy to be the sponsor and love visiting all of the blogs!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous card! The papers are very pretty and I love the cute image and the flower.
Vanja

Unknown said...

oh really fantastic and so supercute. such wonderful soft colours.
thank you for joining in the friday sketchers challenge and using my sketch.
hugs, bea

Jill said...

gorgeous card Suzanne, I love your paper piecing and those DP are beautiful, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

Leelou Blogs