Pages

Tuesday 7 April 2009

50th Birthday - New Penny Black Stamp

Hello all! What a lovely day it is - let's hope it stays that way. We are off to the farm to see all the lovely lambs. I went shopping yesterday to Perth so I could visit Stampaholics and spend some of my birthday pennies! What a lovely shop - so many goodies and such a lovely woman working there. I got 2 6x6 BG paper pads - Bittersweet and Gypsy, a new Penny Black stamp, some gems, some Mickey Mouse stickers to keep my son quiet for a wee bitty longer, lol, and a new Tilda stamp - going to try that out today. So, since I seem to have been buying new things but only using my old stash, I thought I better make something with my new stuff.




I have made this card for my partner to give his mum for her 50th birthday. I have coloured the image with Watercolour Pencils and Distress Inks. The papers are my new Gypsy ones and the cardstock is from my stash. The flowers are once again punched from glossy paper (Craftwork Cards paper strip packs), joined with a small brad and stuck with foam pads.

Used leftover paper inside and printed a simple greeting on the pc - was 11pm when I was still doing this.



I am really pleased with the way this turned out. I debated with myself for ages about this stamp, thinking it was a bit expensive - especially since I had spent £40 in Hobbycraft the day before. Then my addiction won and I bought it, lol! It was birthday money anyway! Glad I gave in!

Hope you like it

Hugs
Suzanne x

Hope you like it

1 comment:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi suzanne it isn't likeable ....it's loveable lol. Its gorgeous I love your layout and your colouring. Your partners mum will also love it I am sure. The weather here is rubbish blowing like mad and tipping with rain.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Leelou Blogs