Pages

Sunday 27 December 2009

Such a gorgeous, thoughtful gift.

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is well and that you all had a lovely Christmas. I had a really nice time. I go to my mums for Christmas dinner every year. I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to attempt to cook it myself, lol. So, after the kids had opened all their presents, we went down to see what Santa had left at Grannys. Next, it was off to see Grandad and Granny and then after that it was off to my dads.
The kids all got everything they had asked for as did all the adults and a wonderful time was had by all as well as all the over indulging and not being able to move for fear of bursting, lol.

There was one gift this year that was very special and that was a gorgeous quilt that my sister had been making for my mum. I don't know who was more excited about it, me or my sister, lol. I knew my mum would love it because of all the hard work and love that had gone into hand stitching it. It was also proving quite a difficult task as she still lives at home and could only do it when mum wasn't around. However, finish it she did (even staying up till 5am on Christmas morning) and it was absolutely gorgeous! My mum couldn't believe her eyes...and neither could I because she had also made one for me!!!





She had been making one for me with the help of my mum and the kids and she'd been making one for my mum that only I knew about. They are both beautiful and it is such a pleasure to know that someone has taken all that time and effort to make something as special as that for you. And, it fits my bed beautifully!

I have taken a photo of my one (unfortunately, I can't get a decent photo of the full thing)and will take one of my mums next time I visit. I hope my sister and my mum know how much this quilt means to me and how much I appreciate it.

Thanks for taking the time to look

Hugs

1 comment:

cats whiskers said...

Thank you for your lovely comments dear, they mean so much.

What a fabulous sister you have I make quilts and know how much works goes into them and rto make 2 she must be an angel, they are fabulous dear.
Hope you have a terrific New Year
Hugs Jacqui x

Leelou Blogs